Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:

I have heard (never owned one) that the 116 is incredible, ride wise. I have heard that you can hit potholes and RR tracks at speed, and nary know they were there. The suspension supposedly drops too, when you get over 80-85mph.

Like Curly said, if the ride height changes, it must be a 6.9.

My 116.120 (300SD) would gobble up RR tracks at 55mph with scarcely a quiver, the kind of tracks that slow SUV drivers to 10-15mph. I probably scared the crap out of some of them by passing them right before or after the tracks at a 40mph speed differential.

Mitch.