Once again, Grant, your thinking and mine coincide.  Well stated!

I always try to have a contingency plan. Having ridden motorsickles successfully, I always believed in having a contingency plan in every situation, and if no contingency plan was available, get off the road and find another way. I definitely used one life in a tractor rollover, where I successfully executed one contingency plan. I am probably somewhere between 8 and 11 used up...

I propose we make the "Grant Rule" a permanent part of the history and vocabulary, at least of this group!

Friends don't let friends drive or ride in Toadas! Friends don't let friends ride in airbusses.

The story may shed some light on the death of my daughter's friend, but that toada was newer and i think was a corrolla.

I think a switch switch that shuts off the fuel pump when the airbags are deployed might have saved her life. But it is possible that the toada ran away first and caused the collision.

Hahhahah.. on the "Grant Rule" ..

Having used up 11 of my 9 lives, I can state with conviction that feat was
only possible because I required full knowledge of what risks I was taking
before hand, and set the rule that I was in full control during the event
[as much as humanly possible].

I suppose logic would indicate that habit carry over into my approach to
all machinery.

Your personal mileage may vary, however. :))

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Max Dillon via Mercedes <