I don't do all that much mowing, fortunately. I have a honda powered self
propelled "push" mower that is ok …. i bought it for $75 in SAV.

As for a lawn tractor, i'd go with a $1000 or $1500 kubota diesel mower … altho
i know few specifics, i know lots of mini farmers with kubota stuff and they
are happy with them.

A ten year old Kubota would HAVE to be better than the MTD crap a lot of which
is made in south georgia, i think.

MTD makes all brands like Electrolux for appliances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTD_Products

My AC expert is coming down today and we're going remove the compressor  and
dryer on my 82 300td. The 4 season ago new unit seized in the fall or spring

We'll do some flushing and reinstall and recharge with R12

I'd like to hope it would go longer than 4 seasons. Maybe that's why the brand
has that name

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins