-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 8:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] PM, fuses, and wheel bearings

Thank you to everyone for suggestions about PM on my new car.

I forgot about front wheel bearings.  They were replaced (?) less than
10,000 miles ago.  I looked at the receipt from the previous owner. He
went to the dealer complaining about an overheating right brake. You
should see the list of parts they put on it - including calipers, brake
hoses, assorted brackets, and front wheel bearings.  Why would the wheel
bearings have to be replaced?  Isn't that unusual?

>From all the suggestions - I did figure out a few things I need to do.
Replace ALL FUSES and service rear diff.

There is a guy on ebay selling complete fuse packs for Mercedes.  He
says his fuses are all brass rather than aluminum.  Is this a bogus
claim of superiority.  I haven't looked at my fuses in a while, but I
thought they about half of them were copper. What gives?

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL