Yeah, that was it.

I got the Nook back after my Mom passed last year.  I fired it up once to see
if it worked.  It did.  Put it back in the box.

The Cyanogen folks are simply amazing with how easy they make it to root a
device.  When I had some HP tablets I rooted them, as the HP OS was a total POS
that was based on Palm OS, I believe.  Rooting it to Android made it a totally
functional device.

Dan