I am going to replace the short coolant hose between the block and the thermostat mount on my 85 300D. Is there anything I need to know before getting into it? I have ordered a new thermostat and the gasket between the block and the mount. Thanks,
Mike

Its been a long time since I did one. A knife or screwdriver to take off the old hose helps. Also some dish soap (dawn) or something to lube the hose helps it go back together.

As long as you don't have a yorkie A/c ccompressor, it is not a bad job once you have committed to taking off the thermostat housing.