Car died on the youngster the other night.  Fortunately it was a block away
from the house, all downhill.

Same issue as before, cranks, fires, starts, dies as soon as you release the
key.

I went into the “coffin” and replaced the four 10 amp fuses on the diagnostic
module.  Car started right up and ran fine.

Quickly pulled it into the driveway and got my DAS system on it.  It showed the
following codes:

It acts like there’s some sort of voltage problem, like the voltage is dropping
when the key is released, which makes the electrical stuff wonky.  The codes
sort of point at this too.

I’m not sure if maybe the fuses were bad/old/cracked/marginal, whatever.  I
told him to drive the Mazda 6 to school and when  he got home to drive the
S500.  I cleared the codes so it will be interesting to see what, if anything,
comes up later.

Hopefully this put an end to the issue.

CHANGE THE FUSES!!