I suspect my $1500 Jetta at 50mpg beats 'em both. :)
-Curt
      From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Mitch Haley <mi...@mitchellhaley.com>
 Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 11:11 AM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT fuel economy

Randy Bennell via Mercedes wrote:
> That works out to almost 25 miles per imperial gallon or almost 21 miles
> per US gallon.
> It is a 2013 F150 Supercrew with the 5.0 coyote engine.
> Based upon the above, I would say it is doing quite a bit better than my
> previous truck which was the 2002 F150 Supercrew with the 5.4 Triton 2
> valve engine.

Yes, over the last ten years technology has been used to give us more efficient
cars than ever before.

As a friend and I were discussing last week, fuel economy isn't everything. His
2013 Sentra CVT routinely hits 40mpg (5.9L/100kM). My 1997 S420 doesn't use
twice as much gas, but with the higher cost of premium gas my fuel cost is
about
double.

However, my cost of car payment plus insurance is about $15 a day less than
his,
mainly because I haven't had a mortgage on a car in over 20 years.
This makes it substantially cheaper to own and drive a rather huge MBZ than a
subcompact Nissan.

How much did it cost to trade the 2002 Frod for the 2013?

Mitch.