I would take the disks off of both sides and look to see what the difference is between the side that fit and the one that doesn't. Could be as simple as the shoe not set in the right place, might need to be moved up? or the adjuster is not backed in all the way. Some dirt in it?
Hard to tell from here.

Manfred

Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:50:59 -0700
From: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] parking brake fiasco

The original parking brake set up on the w115 300D had failed and I had the set
I was going to use on Gump available.  #1 boy and I jacked up the car and got
them on.  The problem now is that the driver side rotor does not fit because
the shoes are off center and the bottom is sticking out.  I have tried smacking
it with a rubber mallet to get it to seat.  Anybody have a good idea of other
steps to take?

clay