> > Kaleb and Dan write back and forth about alternator
> > failure, warrenty replacement and such.

> Andrew wrote:
>
>  I wonder if there will be a renaissance in steam powered
> cars. You wouldn't have these prtoblems with a steam
> powered car.

I suspect that we would still have an alternator.

Folks would still expect electric lights, electric for
'phones, radios, windows, etc.  I suppose the heater/AC fan
and AC compressor could be run off of steam.

Possibly more complicated as the primary propulsion doesn't
need a transmission since an external combustion piston
engine has max torque at zero RPM.  It could be a aux power
unit would have to run the alternator.  That's how the steam
locomotives did it, a turbine driven generator to generate
electricity.