Bergsma is an idiot in a lot of instances, in my opinion.

The absolute best thing I found back in my W123/126 days was to use a cloth
wheel and rouge to polish the crap out of it, removing most of the haze, and
then use a wipe on clear coat whose name escapes me, although I'm sure I could
find it if I needed to.

Once anodized aluminum starts to get filmy or milky, there's not really a lot
of solutions. The best long term approach is what I suggested above. I never
found anything better. The only alternative is replacement.

And for gosh sakes, whatever you do, don't pull the trim, black rubber or
aluminum, off of the rain gutters. You'll never get it back on. Don't ask me
how I know...

Dan pinin' for a nice W126 diesel

Sent from my iPad