That's what I am gonna do.  The stupid part is that I have to take time off
to go to the store to buy it (can't use my credit card over the phone),
then return tomorrow morning after it has been delivered from the
warehouse.

The other option is to purchase the RF caliper from Advance online but then
it can only be shipped to my house, which entails an extra day of waiting
and uncertainty.

Price is only $66 + $10 core for an ATE compatible rebuild, and the core
can be returned be to any AAP store.  My tech has no experience with these
rebuilt units so I am taking a chance...

And yes, I am usually a purist about parts but in this case the new one
from the dealer is a Bendix, not ATE, and would cost me $425.00 + a 2 day
wait.

Flame away!