Aerodynamics and fuel economy standards drive a lot of the design and shape and openings and such. It seems there is not a lot of latitude for designers when every maker is trying to get low drag. And the Asians are fairly adept at copying stuff so that their next iterations look a lot like the next iterations of whatever was copied, or vice-versa.

I saw something a coupla days ago that looked like the older E-class then when I got closer it was a Lexus or Hyundai or something. It's like they bought the tooling for the lights and trunk and rear end and just built their own car.

I am waiting for the new Kia Dymaxion!

--R