The 300d (76) has been sitting for a while.  I seem to have killed the
connection from the key to the starter.  The glow circuit seems to work, the
key turns and lights up the dash bulbs as normal, but when I turn the key to
engage the starter, Nothing.

I have been removing wires from the door and other non-essential(?) items.
Thinks like AC and window, sun roof.  The window wiring went out the firewall
to a box (passenger side) that had fuses and wiring block, but also an
ancillary pig tail that went under the fuse to a relay? with four wires.  A
heavy red, a heavy black and standard ground (brown) and another wire.  I was
messing with this bunch just prior to the no start.

What I need to do is divest as much as I can from the key and put it all on
dash switches.  I need a kill switch, glow, ignition, start, and want the
lights divorced from the spin dial.  Any tips?

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers