On Monday, January 30, 2006, at 08:34 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

The "lift pump" almost never fails (and the engine will still usually
run if the fuel level is above 1/2)!! Look at the tank screen, the
inline filter, the main filter or a plugged VENT line. A plugged vent
line is the thing that most often causes the symptoms you describe in a
Mercedes diesel (vacuum develops and prevents unrestricted fuel flow).

Marshall

Ayup, what he said. I had mud wasps do me a favor and take up residence in the vent. It actually seemed worse with a full tank. I can only guess it had less volume to suck up before acting up. It would just drop off a little bit, if you weren't paying attention you might have missed it.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am