Fred,

The two pin connector for the tachometer sensor is, as Peter said, behind
engine.  I'm pretty sure it is passenger side, between battery and
HVAC/windshield wiper box.  If you follow wire from sensor, should be about
three feet to get to the connector.  Sensor is driver side, near starter.
You'll probably need to remove the air/water ducting and rubber seals on the
top of the firewall.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC