I have found in some cases that if the cable jacket can move around there's too
much slack in the cable, preventing it from being pulled in enough to release
the latch. The S500 did this with the passenger side hood latch - the other
latch would release but this side wouldn't - preventing you from opening the
hood.

I tie wrapped the cable to a spot on the radiator support and it's been fine
ever since.

Dan

Sent from my iPad