What would unplugging the wire on the pressure switch on the dryer isolate?

BTW, 'replaced KLIMA coupla years ago.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Max Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Blown fuse

Wilton,

I know that pulling the KLIMA relay will disable the AC compressor, that is located right behind the battery and fairly easy to get to, but may be pretty tight in the socket. A firm grip and gentle working while pulling up should free it. I don't know if a failing push-button unit would still blow the fuse if the KLIMA relay were removed.

Pulling the plug on the top of the compressor would definitely isolate it, but that would also remove the compressor speed signal, which means the KLIMA relay would interrupt the power to the compressor clutch.

A common cause of trouble in the AC compressor controls is a failing clutch that draws too much current. I'll have to search for a bit to find the normal amperage. I'd measure that current next if I were you, or is the test a resistance test? Need to start digging...
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC