> On July 27, 2015 at 8:15 AM Max Dillon via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> Hmm, I would have used a different subject line, "Yet another reason NOT to
> but General tires..."
>
> I've been avoiding Michelin tires for fifteen years, haven't ever tried
> General tires, only one slipped belt.  Continental and Sumitomo have worked ok
> so far.

After 30k miles the Altimax HP on the Olds are doing fine.
They don't stick like they did 7 years ago though. Back then
the car couldn't spin the front tires no matter what. Now it
happens any time I give it more than 1/2 throttle from a standing
start.

Bought a used Taurus in 2001 with fairly new Continental touring
tires on it. Over the nest few years and 30k miles, all four of
them came apart.

When I bought tires for the 210 4Matic wagon, I wanted to get Continental
DWS, which were some of the best 'all season' snow tires at Tire Rack.
There were enough belt failure reviews on the web that I ended up buying
General G-Max instead. No problems to note so far, but I was surprised
at how easy it was to kick the tail out the first time I drove it
in the snow with the brand new 'all season' Generals on it.