Switches rarely go bad, I think used is the best value.

_Second_-best value.  Best value is a shot of Deoxit right
in the gizzard, that works.  (A shot that doesn't work is
no value at all.)

Still, removing all those screws is a giant PITA, I'd always
opt for the cleaner first.  (Later cars use a connector on
the back of the switch.)  Especially since the switch is
always 'hot', so you really need to disconnect the battery,
with all the attendant pleasantness that goes with that.

-- Jim