I drove through Phoenix in 1980 at night -- 98 F and 60% RH, a real sweatbox.

In the old days, before urbanization, Phoenix was dry. Not any more. Flagstaff is still dry, I think. It was when I was there. Probably not so much this summer with all the rain.

A friend of mine has his first vegetable garden this year and wanted to know how to make sun-dried tomatoes -- I told him he needed to move to Arizona. The heat and dry air (outside urban areas, anyway) will dehydrate things like peppers and tomatoes in a day or two. Here they will rot instead.

We are in that time of year where the RH goes over 100% at night, patchy to dense fogs and the grass is soaking wet until noon so I can't mow when it's cool out.

Peter