Nope. The 3.5 was the original one, but in '70 the emissions requirements and American driving habits resulted in the substitution of the 4.5L with different cams. There are some 350 SLs around from 1972, rather uncommon -- skinny bumpers and all. I've seen one here in town a couple times, but since they were only sold for part of that year, they don't show up too often.

Same horsepower but a higher rev limit on the 3.5 and higher octane fuel requirement, I think.

Peter