> Craig wrote:

 In March, I replaced the leaking injector return lines on
 our '82 240D/3.0 with some tubing from our local hardware
 store.

 Since that wasn't viton and should be replaced before it
 fails, I'm wondering where others have gotten the viton
 tubing.

 If you have bought some, please let me know.

McMaster, I think.

Curt wrote 2015-03-11

High-Temperature Viton Fluoroelastomer Tubing Soft, 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD, 1/16" Wall, Black I just bought some more back in January, great stuff. Doesn't give the braided look for the original but stays flexible and seals well as near as I can tell forever.

I am trying tyvek fuel line, then yellow stuff for lawnmowers and string trimmers, chainsaws, etc. I don't know yet if it will hold up as well as viton, but I didn't want to pay $8 freight for $3 hose from mcMaster. I could not find anyplace local to buy Viton.