Some years ago, while buying a "lifetime guarantee" part, I ask the parts
man, who happened to also own the company, "What exact does it mean,
Lifetime Guarantee".

His reply has stayed with me since.. Without smiling and with a straight
face, he said "It means that if you ever bring the SOB back, I'll kill you"

Pretty much sums up much of my experience since with stores that advertise
Lifetime Guarantees.