On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 08:19 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

I had to fabricate a new front pan for our SDL, the original was
long-gone.  I made it out of roof flashing, fiberglass, and
fiberglass batting (insulation).  It's a thoroughgoing mess
now, due to the 603's penchant for oil leaks, but it did
quiet the outside of the car down.

-- Jim

I'm going to keep my eyes open for proper materials, like a plastic 55gal drum plastic truck mud flap or something. I'd rig it so I can use those oil diapers we use in boats to soak up and quell the noise. Just change the diapers when they're soiled.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am