On 10/09/2015 1:33 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Matson web site says $1100 from LA ports to Hawaii. $1700 from Seattle.

That doesn't sound too bad.

Dan

Nope. Even on a new car I could probably save enough in LA to have it shipped.

In 1990 when I shipped the escort (Diesel Content) it was the same from any port on the west coast, and based on weight/volume formula. I think the escort was around $1100. I chose Seattle, because I like it better and it was closer to WI where the car was. Drove it out there with 55 speed limits in 2 days, back to back Ironbutt days of over 1000 miles each.

Montana never ends at 55 mph. it is bad at 70-75, but interminable at 55.

Would a diesel Escort go faster than 55mph?

RB