Andrew wrote:
 I save all my registrations in the vinyl/clear plastic folder...

Mine are all at home.  I can produce them if they want, but... they
have computers in their cars - they can look them up.  Registration /
license are superfluous these days.
mao

They will have you looked before you stop, but many state lawz say you have to have reg. and ins. car to hand to johnny l aw. If you don't produce them they can and will use that as an excuse to search you and the car, and to fine you at the least, and even haul you into j ail if they thiink they can shake you down for more money that way.