Folks

So i did some inspection on the dead battery when it didn't respond to charging
overbite

The top side was blown out on the positive side.

A check with a meter indicated that i was charging at about 16+ volts

I grabbed my trusty Uro voltage regulator from the glove box and installed it
from above with not too much difficulty. The removed regulator was an old bosch
i had scavenged from a blown 240d 3 or 4 years ago. The brushes on it showed
some wear. The Uro works but i no longer had the borrowed meter and there
wasn't one in my car, so i still need to check the charge voltage.

Am i correct in thinking that a bad regulator can cause an overcharge condition.

i notice that i can now buy the Uro or identical regulators direct from HK or
China for about $6.78 delivered …. if they work, i need a couple in every 123
car. What other regulators are available and at what price points? I guess i'd
pay $18 for a Bosch made where? India? China? Hellas?

Just wondering what you've been using and success rates.

thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com