Some of y'all have indicated an interest in this interesting bit of our country and cultures, here is a show that you might want to watch.

http://www.charlestonscene.com/article/20150929/CS/150929261/film-about-south-carolina-x2019-s-gullah-history-picked-up-by-pbs

 Film about South Carolina’s Gullah history picked up by PBS

       Abigail Darlington
       <http://www.charlestonscene.com/apps/pbcs.dll/personalia?ID=176>
       Email <mailto:adarling...@postandcourier.com> Facebook
       <https://www.facebook.com/#%21/abigail.darlington> @A_Big_Gail
       <https://twitter.com/#%21/A_Big_Gail>

Sep 29 2015 2:49 pm

Anita Singleton-Prather stars in "Circle Unbroken," a film about Gullah culture. (Anchor Media Group/Provided).

A film produced in the Lowcountry about the origins of Gullah culture in South Carolina was recently picked up by PBS stations nationwide.

“Circle Unbroken: A Gullah Journey from Africa to America” is a part musical, part documentary film produced by Ron Small. He co-wrote the script with Anita Singleton-Prather, a folk storyteller known along the South Carolina coast for her educational performances about Gullah history. Singleton-Prather and her troupe of performers, the Gullah Kinfolk, star in the film.

The National Educational Telecommunications Association selected the film for distribution on PBS stations, and each of those channels will individually make decisions about when it will be aired.

SCETV, the statewide PBS affiliate, has already scheduled a premiere broadcast at 7 p.m. Oct. 5.

“ETV has always had a soft spot for Anita Singleton-Prather, (our star) and the work she’s done to promote the Gullah culture, so they asked to be our ‘presenting station,’ which gives us more clout in the national arena and allies us with a powerful force in broadcasting,” Small explained in an email.

“Further, the broadcast license is 3 years so each station can show it as many times as they like. Hence, we expect a huge cross-section of PBS stations across the country to broadcast the show numerous times,” he added.