My 2005 Golf TDI only came with one key, thats no big deal, fixmyvw.com offers
replacement keys, cut from a picture (imagine that) if you send a pic of your
registration and drivers license. The thing they can't do is program the
immobilizer so the key will actually start the car. What you need is the magic
number from your car to allow the programming, my Indy has a cable that should
allow that, I have the cable which will actually do the programming but mine
can't get the magic number.
Sadly my Indy's cable couldn't get the magic number so no programming fun for
me... We think its because his is an eBay cable, not a proper "VAG Tacho" which
is about $300. I've asked the brain trust at the TDI club, hopefully somebody
nearby has the real deal cable. If not I'll buy one, the cable is about the
same price as a single dealer cut key with programming...
-Curt