On 08/10/2015 5:22 PM, Mountain Man via Mercedes wrote:
RB wrote:
My insurance company pretty much frowns on things like wood stoves anymore
so I don't have a whole lot of choice.
I totally agree.
However, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Stuff can be created to manage these issues.  There were people in
your neck of the woods a century back.
mao

But back then, they likely had no insurance and relied upon their neighbors to help them rebuild in the event of a fire.

I think insurance for a wood stove is available but it is much more expensive so that sort of defeats some of the purpose.

I would like to have a wood stove as just a backup in the event of power failure but am not all that inclined to pay a lot more for something that I may never use.

RB