On Thursday, February 2, 2006, at 06:26 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My 300CD could use new weather stips as gaps are begining to appear. Since I don't have a spare $ 600 laying around for new ones I was thinking of patching up my old ones. I plan to fill the gaps with some sort of caulking and cover the repair with fiber tape. The only problem seems to be finding the right tape. I need to it be strong as Duct tape but flat black in color to match the rubber. A few months ago someone posted a source of that kind of tape and I didn't save the post. Anyone have a lead on this type of tape ?

TIA Matt Claus
I have seen duck/duct tape in many colors including black at one of the big box home improvement stores. Magic Markers are used by many dealers and detailers to hide flaws, cover overspray on weatherstrips etc. Might be just the ticket for you too.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am