------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:25:12 -0600
From: Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ethanol
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The company that made Heet went belly up about 20 years ago.  There have
been different formulations over the years and some are methanol and others
were ethanol or blends.

I also remember when the station in town had a drum of alcohol to put in
the radiator for the oldtimers who didn't believe in Prestone  or Zerex

We had a neighbor who drive his Model T until he died.

At 08:45 PM 2/2/2006, you wrote:
>I think HEET is Methanol or Isopropanol, not Ethanol.
>
>On 2/2/06, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here Here!   3 Cheers for LT Don!
>
> > Does anyone remember HEET?  We used to dump cans of HEET in our tanks
> in the
> > winter to prevent the water in gasoline from freezing.  HEET was ethyl
> > alcohol.
> >

>--
>OK Don, KD5NRO
>Norman, OK
>'90 300D 243K, Rattled
>'87 300SDL 290K, Limo Lite, or blue car
>'81 240D 173K, Gramps, or yellow car
>'78 450SLC 67K, brown car
>'97 Ply Grand Voyager 78K Van Go

The last two bottles of HEET I bought, the main ingredient was methanol.
I didn't put in my radiator, but I did put it in my windshield washer fluid tank :)

Roger