Well, to tell the truth Rusty let me down.  I need crankshaft Kit for
my Metropolitan and he has not had a special on one.

My car was one of the first 1,000.  It has an early A-40 engine.

Next week I go to Cleveland to pick-up an engine that came out of a
running car about 3 years ago.  It is not stuck.

I'm planning on a few ounces of Marvel Mystery oil in each cylinder,
turn over by hand to free up rings if required.  I'll do this for
several days.  I'll do a compression test {engine out of car) to judge
them.

I know that I should be dropping a M/B 2.4L diesel in this but I'd
have to convert it to floor shift.  The sales literature for the car
assures the prospective owner that the column shift is much safer. The
major competition at the time was VW!

Thanks for any input.

--

Regards,

Peter T. Arnold

1987 300SDL  239KMI
1995 F-250 Power Choke  190Kmi
1954 Metropolitan Convertible, Hanger Queen
Wife has a Cruizer, as reliable as an Ice Box, the car that is!