I suspect the person who wrote the article is my age and most folks think
"computers" started in about 1982...
-Curt

      From: WILTON via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes list <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
 Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2015 10:58 AM
 Subject: [MBZ] Fw: B-52

----- Original Message -----
From: WILTON
To: Rick Hawkins Java
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: B-52

Yep, an awesome airplane.

Several places in this article mention the B-52 as "now having computers."
Here's a little correction:  B-52's have ALWAYS had computers -
bombing/navigation, fire control (gunnery) and radar jamming computers that
have worked very well.  Even B-17's, B-24's, B-29's, B-36's, B-50's, B-47's and
others had computers - less "sophisticated" than those in use now, of course,
but computers are NOT NEW to military aircraft.  My first computer training was
for those on B-52's in 1961.

Wilton