> OK wrote:
>
> Can you use Vuescan with images acquired via a camera
> instead of a scanner? I plan to use my Nikon D700 camera
> like I used to use the F3 for duplicating slides, etc.

I don't know what Vuescan can do.  But I have used my
"little" Canon camera to get a digital copy of hundreds of
slides and many dozens of negatives.

I use the GIMP to do the color correction and "de-negative".
The process requires manual tweaking, so it can be a bit slow
- but the GIMP is available for no cost and it does any other
image editing I need done.

For me, a critical part of the process is tagging the
resulting images.  JPEG file format supports EXIF and XMP
tags.  This is the electronic equivalent of writing on the
back of the print.

I read on an earlier post you (I think...) mentioned using an
LED light source.  That may not work well since white LEDs
produce light by exciting phosphors - and so the light
spectrum is usually not continuous like an incandescent.