I am not advocating messing with the pump. I always sent pumps to a authorized Bosch shop owned by a MB Diesel owner/driver, but he is retired now, and the shop is closed. I'd probably now pick one who advertises in the Star.

But setting the base Idle speed higher so the EDS is not needed as Max suggested is far from removing the max stop as this guy suggested.

I don't remember anyone named lance, so I am mistaken about him being one of the predecessor lists. Maybe I just ran across his name on the MB related forums somewhere before. He sounds like someone who bashed heads on the hitler list until he was banned. There were a few people there who believed they walked on water.

The max fuel you can get out of a stock MW pump on an om617 is 62cc/min
without replacing elements etc. It is about 20% more than stock. This
equates to about 150 intercooled hp max. There is a good thread by Dougal
on 4btswaps.com about it.

The best way to obtain that fuel from a stock mw pump without completely
screwing up various aspects of performance eg idle lope etc is to take it
to a Bosch shop or send it to Sweden for $100 each way plus adjustment
charge.

There is substantial disagreement over the pump adjustment advice in the
referenced thread. The author's name is Lance something or other and he
continues to troll youtube channels of other std users to insult and
belittle them. The tone of the pump thread is typically authoritative,
which is more a reflection of personality than of technical qualification.
Any time anyone disagreed with this guy on any site, he would start
insulting them or talking down to them even if it was a Swede who was
already pulling 300hp out of their om617. That attitude is why they banned
him from std.

There is another guide by username om616 I think which is probably more
reliable for DIY types. But I think it is one of those Pandoras box type
endeavors and you might as well abandon all hope once you change anything.
Herbert my mechanic says he can tell if a pump has been messed with by
looking for the missing cap on the Alda screw, and that they are often
unable to get the pump back to stock performance without sending it to a
shop if anything has been changed.

The best way to experiment with the mw is probably to get a second pump and
swap them out, so you have one with stock settings to fall back upon.
On Dec 6, 2015 7:47 AM, "Rick Knoble via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

 Curly sez:

 >Seems to be on a similar bent to >winmutt: hopping up 617 and >603
 engines.

 Rolf. Where did he go...?
 I thought it complimentary to this august group, that, although he was the
 founder of the Super Turbo site, he came here for answers.

 Rick
 Sent from my BlackBerry Z10