Went to see that 280SE for Ed. Nice car. Sorry you are not going to get it Ed. I am going to scrounge $1k someplace and beat you to it.

Not really. she is no Gump, but a perfect car for the person who wants to do a restoration to concourse condition. Not a deal killer anywhere on the car. A bunch of original everyplace you looked and it has not been boogered up. No accident damage, no excessive wear for the age.

List of the bad things --

--Noisy valves, some time with a wrench to adjust will take care of that.

--Hazard switch is not working well, so blinkers pooped

--Climate Control levers busted, but the blower works

--Underdash AC is missing, is plumbed for AC with York Compressor

--Missing the rear seat carpets, fronts are complete and good shape.

--No spare tire, tool kit, or first Aid kit. Tire iron and jack are there.

--Battery tuckered out, it did start the car, but not able to do it twice. Does charge, need to replace with side contacts instead of top (too tall)

--Rear window seal may leak into the trunk, there was dampness in the trunk and condensation on the rear window

--retread tires in good shape, enough to get to Indiana, all 4 hubcaps present

--minor rust through pin holes under rear bumper. Wire wheel and POR-15 would solve that

--Stalk shifter is balky and the indicator does not work. Once in gear it shifted well for old automatic. Trans fluid was not burnt. All gears work (PRN3)

--Clock not working

--Radio not installed, antenna is there and looks great

--Original hoses will need replacement along with belts and fuses/fluids

--Original door seals are aging, as is the trunk. Rusty has these part, though these are still functional at reducing water intrusion

--splotchy paint where some rust removal took place on painted surface. Only other rust is slight surface scratches

--Low a quart or more oil, but no visible leaks in tranny or oil pan. No obvious smoke on start or while running.

--Pass rear door handle coming off, all others attached firmly

The Good Stuff--

--Cool Kangol airliner seat belts, three point in front

-Dual armrests in front seats

--Wood is old but otherwise great shape with no cracks in dash or wood

--Lights work all around and no cracks in lenses at back/side, minor in front

--MB Tex is in great shape and seats are solid with springs and pads stiff

--Horn works, pad is good and no cracks in the bakelite steering wheel

--All glass is complete and no nicks, dings or cracks, all windows work

--Sheet metal is solid with no bondo or rust through patching

--side view mirror is in superb condition

--Exhaust is tucked close to the underside and no rust/leaks

-- All doors lock (manual)

--Buckets of power when floored, stops with slight brake pressure, no need to stomp

--Steering was not too tight, and paired with the shocks gave no feeling of drift on turns (PS works)

--No mold or mildew smells in the cabin or standing water from possible leaks

Conclusions--

**Older car with standard wear for age, not been restored or screwed with, so VERY ORIGINAL condition all around. Perfect to either continue as daily driver or to give a full overhaul and turn into a show car. Rusty and Kaleb can provide all upgrades the car needs in future. I would take it to mechanic to check that there are no hidden issues other than new fluids all around and fuses. Oil bath airfilter, and I did not see or hear issues with carbs or missing cylinder. Not original distributor cap. May want fresh wires and plugs if I were driving to Indiana

For the price, I would be a fool to pass this up if I wanted a 108

Just my $0.02

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner