'Dispatched several pigeons with my Crossman several years ago. Haven't needed to for few years now; maybe I got enough of 'em that they don't call this "home" any more. Because of my shaky hands, SWMBO was amazed that I could hit 'em so well from out in the yard as they perched way up on edge of gutters or the widow's walk railing. I told her, "There's no shaking when I lean the gun against a tree or a fence pillar." My fear was that they'd fall onto widow's walk roof or into the gutter, but they'd fly just enough after being hit to clear the house and "crash and burn" in the yard, where I could easily bury them.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Woodpecker siting

I have a $100 Crosman break-barrel single pump that does a pretty good job once I get it sighted (cited? sited? sided?) in, which needs to be done about every 3rd shot. Also have to tighten up all the screws about every 4th shot. I managed to clean out the squirrel population in front of the house, it is good out to maybe 75ft and if I put some lube in the barrel it will crack with a supersonic shot, so probably at least 1100fps maybe a bit more.

The squirrels must teach the little ones somehow, I have only managed to get a couple the last coupla months, they run off when I go out and when I grab the gun they are gone.

Airgun Depot is where I got it (and they had a special on a pump pistol too when I got it so the pair and some pellets were like $150) and they are having all kinds of specials coming up to Christmas if you get on their email list.

--R