I first did that 30 years ago. They cost more than 0 250 201 039 GPs, often by a factor of 2. They don't last as long as the 0250 210 039 GPs or equivalent Beru.

Dollars equal, I'll hold out for an 81, 82, 83 If you give me a 80 or earlier, I'll take it.

Its not hard to put pencil plugs in the older cars. My '79 240D had 'em.
-Curt

      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 12:10 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D Cabriolet Motors, Raleigh
Cracked tires?  Wonder why they didn't straighten hood star?
Leaking sun roof?

Wilton

Its not hard to force a stealer to put on new tars.  I did when I was 19.

No MB has has a real star since 1995 or so.  That is 20 years ago.  I
doubt anyone in the stealership has been there 20 years.  They simply
don't know how to straighten the star.  They have never done that.

The only things I don't like about the car are :
#1 price
#2 too old.  82 or 83 are more desirable, but they sold few cars in
1982.  I want pencil GPs.