To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 2:55 PM
Subject: [MBZ] new addition

Just picked up my new-to-me 1992 300D. Drove it 100 miles back to my house
without incident.  A few questions:

1)  For beginning maintenance issues - oil, air, ATF, fuel filters and
fluids; diff fluid.  Glow plugs are good.  What else am I forgetting?

2)  Will 123 parts work in a 124?  I'm talking about oil, fuel, or air
filters, as well as radiator hoses.  Also, is it the same ATF? ...

3)  I plugged in the block heater for 1.5 hours, and when I turned on the
car I didn't notice a difference in startup temperature.  Temp outside was
24 F.  Is this normal or abnormal?

What else am I forgetting?

Thanks!
--