On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 23:35:08 -0500 Andrew Strasfogel
<astrasfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation.  I feel much better now watching the
> Greenland ice sheets melt away.

Sound bites like yours are useless.

How about http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060029652 , particularly the
last few sentences,

        The relevance for predictions of human-caused climate change is
        that the models are also used to forecast future El NiƱo trends
        under warming scenarios. If they don't have their assumptions
        right, the predictions could be off, Emile-Geay said. "Certain
        aspects of the past they don't do well," he said. "It points to
        some fundamental deficiencies in the models."

Craig

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Craig via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 21:16:49 -0500 Max Dillon via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Somehow I knew they would work this in: "This was behind how tobacco
> > > firms used science to make their products look harmless, and is used
> > > today by climate change deniers to argue against the scientific
> > > evidence."
> > >
> > > Please, someone explain the science behind CO2 acting as a
> > > greenhouse gas.  All I've ever found are "models".
> >
> > The "science" behind CO2 acting as a greenhouse gas is that it will
> > trap infrared radiation and not allow it to radiate to space, like
> > the glass on a greenhouse. That does not account for saturation of
> > the IR lines in the CO2 present, causing absorption to drop, and a
> > lot of other things.
> >
> > The facts that all of the models are increasingly divergent from
> > reality and that there has been no warming for 18 years prove that
> > the hypothesis is false.
> >

> > > The very phrase "climate change denier" is designed to denigrate
> > > anyone who dares to challenge the religious beliefs of the green
> > > high priests.
> >
> > You are correct; that is why they use the phrase. You are also correct
> > that it is a religion. It is, in addition, a way to redistribute
> > wealth and concentrate power in the hands of a few power-hungry
> > individuals.
> >

> > Craig

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '82 240D/3.0   Bluebell   278 kmi (Still need to fix leaking
                                            oil pressure gauge and do
                                            something about the failed
                                            hood paint and attend to the
                                            headlight switch)
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville Van (affectionately dubbed the BRV,
                                         the Big Red Van)
Past:    '95 E320       Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420       Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '64 190Dc      Emma