-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:20 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: [MBZ] the rattling belt tensioner on the SDL

Well I figured out why the tensioner was rattling on the SDL even after replacing it. The AC compressor was about to fall off!!! Tightened the

bolts back up and 75% of the rattle is gone. Still a little belt squeel, think the belt may be worn and causing the rest of the rattle, or maybe the spring is weak. Took the spring loose from the top like I did last time and pryed it back, this time it caused the rattle to go away completely. So, its either the spring or the belt, will probably just replace both.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,