That's the point.  They are still too common to make it worth the cost of a
full restoration.  My ex SWMBO has a beautiful diamond blue/blue leather
'85 300CD that was a little rusty but with a very nice interior.  To make
it perfect would have meant repaint + body work, plus it had 200K  miles.
She would have wanted $10 k for that car.  Lots of luck...