Curt Raymond wrote:
Since I'm bored I'll post...
  My wife is loving the 190D. She says its "way more powerfull than the 240D".
I find it more peppy but not crazy powerful, its the same HP rating after all.
  I HAVE to do something about the seats, the drivers side seat is all squashed
out on the left side, it feels like my left butt cheek is taking the low road
while the right is taking the high road. I don't have any money to rebuild
seats right now so I think I'll get seatcovers and stuff some padding in there
to compensate. This spring I'll have both seats rebuild. The passenger's seat
is totally squashed out, at least its squashed flat, you could just sit on a
pillow and be more comfortable...
I still haven't figured out how to get the shifter boot down good. If its hooked to the base the panel comes up out of the console because its warped and doesn't hold itself in well. If I have time I may see if I can glue a stiffener to the bottom of it. From the manual it looks like the fresh air doors under the hood aren't opening, explaining why I have full heat all the time. could be of course that the PB is bad... Gonna have to take a look at the doors to see whats happening. Got an appointment this weekend with the guy who is buying my 240D, we're going to change the oil in both cars (provided I can find some Mobil 1) and maybe the brake fluid too. He's got a garage (heaven!) so it shouldn't be a big job. What size wrench is it for the bleeders? I presume I should use a tube from the bleeder down to a cannister to catch the old fluid, what size should the tube be? Thanks all
  -Curt

The 190D 2.2 is MUCH faster than a 240D and considerably more economical too.

You will have full heat in a 201 if there is no vacuum to the heater valve. If there is no electrical power to the vacuum manifold, there will also be full heat and a damaged feedback potentiometer can result in FULL heat.

An unbroken seat bottom (driver and passenger's side can be exchanged) is the best solution. The shifter boot attaches all around the edge if the console shifter cover hasn't been damaged.

I believe I've encountered 7, 8 and 9 mm bleeder screws. At least one of my cars has different sized screws on different calipers.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi