The rules are very strict for MD EJs.  No cell phones, must be one rep of
each main party on the election team, must be able to lift heavy weights,
etc.  Several hours of pre-election training, and on election day the hours
are long 6AM - 10 PM - or later.  We have to reconcile every ballot box
vote by hand, with signtures for each machine by R and D party reps.
Despite all this, a R won.  We really do need to do a better job screening
potential voters.  ;)