On Thursday, February 9, 2006, at 03:25 PM, George Larribeau wrote:

My odometer has stopped in my 85 300SD. Yes the speedometer still works. It happened after I reset the trip OD. Multiple trip OD resets have not cleared it. I want to remove the spedo and have it repaired (there is a local; shop that has worked on various MC spedo's for me that seems to be competent. I have been reading the PDF (from the indiees) numbered 54-250 R and R instrument cluster. Some of the instructions are a little sparse, like steering wheel . remove, reinstall. And the use of Extractor hook PN 126 589 03 33 00. Is an extractor hook something I can make / improvise. Do I need to remove the steering wheel? If so what is the best way to go about it.

George Larribeau

        I'll bet you reset it while you were moving. Don't do that anymore.

www.odometergears.com $25 any gear. You can make hooks out of wire hanger but you should be able to remove lower panel and wiggle a couple of fingers behind the IC push it out, no need to remove wheel. Unplug your wires and pull out the rest of the way. No oil pressure line on your model. The speedo repair isn't too bad to do, don't go getting sneaky and knocking miles off while you're in there.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am