Not sure how many of the newer owners actually join the club. MBCA.  From the
many hours I wasted at the stealership over the past month, the brand has
become aspirational.  The bulk of the service center users were ethnic.  It
could be that shop's marketing, but I am thinking it covers the regional
dealers.  There are four within a 30 mile radius.  Most in well paid (tech)
ethnic areas. Could be Lease car, but probably CPO owners.  On the road the
drivers are many shades of cafe in the newest models, and sun challenged in the
older examples.

The club events make the Oscars look like Ellis Island.  AARP has nothing on
our membership.  And our selection of vehicles are past warrantee.   We have
taken time to learn and know our cars, unlike those who just came to the brand
and show no excitement in owning fine examples of German Engineering.  Then,
again, it could be the cars they are driving are far less than exciting to own
and drive.   The current crop of models are more Asian with a star than German
magic

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers