True. But you can then dispute them and the bank will probably dis-honor the
check.

 I've done this a few times with "my" MR folks who have two-signature
checking accounts, when they pass a check with just their signature on it.
The check was cancelled and they had to make the bill right out of their pop
money. Want to get the attention of someone with a sub-100 IQ?  Tell them
they screwed up and can't have any money for the pop machine for a week.
They come around to the "responsible citizen" side of the equation really
quick. And no, this isn't abuse -- in fact, I am the abuse rules instructor
for our organization.

I had a collection agent from a phone-sex-line call me everything but a
***** man when I told him that there was no way "I" way paying for $2K in
charges because the individual who used the bank account was not authorized
to do so, because it was a two signature account. He threatened to sue. I
told him to go ahead, because he couldn't touch the Social Security benefits
and if they chose to garnish wages, the max they could get in Iowa based on
the individual's earned income was $25 a year.

I fear he was slobbering when he hung up on me.

God, I love my job some days!!!!!!!!!!!!!