One would think so, but why did I get in the 20's mpg in the 283
(4640cc) '58 chevy with a four barrel, and only 15 mpg in the CIS
450SLC (275ci)? Emission controls?

Yes - the type III 2.0L VW bus I had was far more reliable than the
1.2L with the single Solex even.

I did love to tune 2 and 3 carb SU setups though -- had the "touch"
back then ---

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK